Permanent – Head of Service (Property, Planning or Commercial) – £42,161 to £70,220 – East Anglia
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are recruiting for a Permanent Head of Service for the Property, Planning & Commercial law departments of a Local Authority based in East Anglia on a full-time 37 hours per week basis.
The successful applicant will provide innovative and pragmatic legal advice in at least one of the following core areas of law – commercial property law, highways, Planning and Commercial Contracts & Procurement alongside being an active member of the legal leadership team.
The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with extensive experience of Commercial Property, Planning or Commercial Contracts and Procurement law, preferably from within a public sector organisation, as well as experience of leading and managing a team.
Duties will include:
- Providing high quality, innovative and well researched advice in at least of the Commercial Property, Planning or Commercial Contracts to a variety of stakeholders including elected members and Senior Officers
- To build highly effective working relationships with clients to ensure a seamless and client focussed service
- Where required, providing training to clients in your specialist area of law
- Contributing to the overall management of the team including staff performance, financial compliance and practice management
- Attending Law Leadership Team meetings, preparing and submitting papers for discussion at those meetings and contributing to the operational and strategic management of the team in order to achieve continuous improvements in services
- Managing a team of professional staff, both admitted and non-admitted, to include recruitment, selection, motivation and development, performance appraisal and monitoring caseloads and output
- Attractive Pension Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements – Flexible hours and remote working is available with the aim to give everyone a balanced work-life ratio
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus public holidays with the option to purchase more annual leave!
- Scheme giving you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day
This role is offering an attractive salary of between £42,161 to £70,220 dependent upon experience.