About The Role
• Strong Solaris 10 & 11
• Strong RHEL 7.x
• Storage Technologies such as ZFS, LVM, Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
• Scripting skills predominantly Korn shell, Python and Pearl.
• Design and project implementation experience
• Configuration/Administration of Oracle (Sun) Hardware – M Series, T Series Servers, LDOMs
• Familiarity with PCI and non-PCI environment
• Appreciation of Oracle Databases and Applications (Oracle E-Business, Oracle Forms, Oracle Internet Directory)
• Knowledge of Oracle Enterrise Manager
• Apache/Tomcat Web services
• Backup software (Commvault Simpana,)
• An appreciation of IBM Netezza (Linux) appliances and Data Warehouses.
• SAN technology (IBM A9000) FC-HBA & NFS connectivity and utilities.
• AWS & DevOps awareness and or experience
As a team, we work really closely with each other and various areas of IT. This enables us to maintain a ‘family’ feel to what we do; you’ll support, care and succeed together. Within this close-knit team, you’ll to grow with us and to play a key part in a thriving, growing organisation – you’ll feel like you belong. Appealing, right?
That’s not all! We’re passionate about what we do, whether this is conducting our key processes, making change happen to procedures or supporting the local community.
You’ll take pride in being here, and to make sure that you can cram all of this into a typical week as a Infrastructure Engineer – Solaris/Linux, we are closely aligned to the Society values. These are designed to make sure you’ll do what’s right and we deliver our main promise; putting members first.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria