We are looking for an IT Operations Manager to oversee our company’s hardware, software and computer networks.
IT Operations Manager responsibilities include monitoring network infrastructure and resolving system issues. You need to have experience with IT performance management, network administration and system security. If you’re also familiar with data protection regulations and able to juggle multiple projects, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our IT systems are secure, consistent and reliable.
- Maintain and optimize local company networks and servers
- Be responsible for device and password management
- Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls)
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve issues escalated by technicians and engineers
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders via help desk
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems
- Manage contracts with vendors (e.g. development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses
- Develop IT policies and practices
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT or relevant field